EIII project News
Results from the EIII project
The EIII project is now concluded. We would like to thank all partners and people who have contributed with questions and comments to make the project a success. All the project deliverables are available online for exploitation beyond the project.
- The EIII results event was held 18. September, cordially hosted by the Committee of the Regions in Brussels, The summary of the EIII results event with links to slides presentation, audio footage.
- The project deliverables are found in the EIII deliverables folder. Please note that there may be some changes to them depending on the final review outcomes.
- The accessibility checker tools from the project are found on checkers.eiii.eu . The checkers can identify accessibility barriers on webpages, websites, and in PDF documents. To communicate the checker tools development onwards we have established a checker tools blog.
- A series of three webinars have been published on YouTube. The first webinar is with the Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (Difi) in Norway to discuss web accessibility policy and monitoring practices (https://youtu.be/-Ee7lJsJCyI). The second webinar with Registers Iceland to discuss Iceland’s results, good practices and trends (https://youtu.be/h_zVUc2cCr4). The third with the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) to provide perspectives on the work that the organization is doing to address web accessibility (https://youtu.be/oCoAw-wtCaI).
- A podcast with Birkir Gunnarsson, who is affiliated with Registers Iceland and the Iceland Organization of the Visually Impaired (BIOVi), and works for Deque Systems, Inc, one of the largest web accessibility firms in the United States. The podcast discusses the preliminary benchmarking results and provides further background on EIII. The podcast can be downloaded from Gunnarson podcast.
How to use the website services
The EIII site provides the following services to support more inclusive online solutions.
- Tools to check webpages, websites and PDF documents on demand.
- The most recent benchmarking results from accessibility evaluations. Please note that you are welcome to propose new websites to include on contact us.
- Search results from selected online sources. Try for example a search for WCAG.
- EIII - News Update, dated October 9 2015.
- EIII - News Update, dated August 12 2015.
- EIII - News Update, dated July 6 2015.
- EIII - News Update, dated June 18 2015.
- EIII - News Update, dated June 2 2015.
- EIII - News Update, dated April 16 2015.
- EIII - News Update, dated October 22 2014.
- EIII - News Update, dated September 20 2014.
- EIII - News Update, dated August 7 2014.
- EIII - News Update, dated March 17 2014.